As mentioned earlier, the main objective of TU Central Library is to help its mother institution i.e. Tribhuvan University in attaining her objectives. Besides this, being the biggest and considered as the most organized & reliable library in the nation, TUCL shoulders the responsibility of attaining the following objectives too:
- to preserve the intellectual heritage of the nation.
- To promote information literacy, readership and life-long learning.
- To provide materials both in conventional and e-formats and furnish an environment conducive to study & research.
- to promote resource sharing, networking and exchange of databases.
- to provide documentation and information services and bring out relevant publications.
- to help develop scholarly standards, guidelines and best practices in libraries.
- to promote professional expertise in information management and conduct trainings in librarianship for the T.U. librarians and library staff.